Thursday, November 17, 2005

New Post New Post! Yay! Yay! Yay!

I was thinking back to the last time Ali and I did worship, not last night but 2 weeks previous. We had a song that we had a little difficulty getting the timing down on "Strenght and weakness." But we got it. Speaking of strength and weakness...(awesome segway huh) let's see what the Bible says about strength and weakness.

We're all weak in comparison to God, we know that. Without Him, we can do NOTHING! But why would God want a bunch of weak, helpless human beings? I have no idea, but he does. "God blesses you when you are mocked and persecuted and lied about because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted, too. "~Matthew 5:11-12
We are supposed to be happy when we are persecuted, when we are at our weakest. Jesus was persecuted. The only difference is Jesus was not weak when he was persecuted, He allowed it to happen. But, still....
Jesus loves us all the time and that does not change when we have no strength. Just as our earthly parents feel compassion and want to take care of us when we are unable to take care of ourselves (and sometimes even when we can), our heavenly Father wants to take care of us too. Makes sense. "Then Jesus said,'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give is light.'"~Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus actually wants us to come to Him when we are weak, and, lets face if guys, its a good thing. We usually go to Jesus when we are weak and when WE feel we need Him. When we are feeling high and mighty, sometimes we push Jesus to the side, because we feel as though we're in control and we don't need Him, at the moment. But when something happens that shakes us up, we go running to Jesus, begging for help. And because he is so amazing, He still takes us in His arms. I remember a devotion we had during dance practice once. Our leader demanded we dress in white shirts and black pants and beautify ourselves before practice. When we arrived we found our leader covered with mud and "filth." She then proceeded to try and hug us. Of course, we relented, we weren't crazy! Her point was, only our Holy Father would take us covered in filth, as we often are. I thought it was a pretty good devo.
There's a Building 429 song that goes:
When no one else knows how I feel
Your love for me is proven real
When no one else cares where I’ve been
You run to me with outstretched hands
And You hold me in your arms
Again.

Jesus is always willing to take us and call us His own. Our weakness is what allows us, sometimes, to go to Him, with open arms. This is Paul talking: "Each time he said,'My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your WEAKNESS.' So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weakness, and with insults, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."~2 Corinthians 12:9-10

So don't ever be afraid to admit you are weak and you need Jesus, because even if you won't admit it, it does not change reality. Even when we are at our strongest, we are still unbelieveably weak, and we need Jesus, all the time. Peace out Yo! Comment, PLEASE, some one other than Ali and Luke, well, in addition to Ali and Luke. C'mon you know you want to, all the cool kids are doing it!

6 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if jesus is so great, then why is he dead?

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he rose from the dead!?! holy crap, you gotta shoot him in the head before he bites you and turns you into a zombie too!!!!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

so a couple of questions luke..

being a firefighter do you watch Rescue Me?

and why aren't there any pictures/paintings of Jesus being tan and buff? I mean the man was a carpenter, carpenters are buff, and he walked around in the desert, where's the tan?

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, do extinguish people who are on fire for god? i'm you are a firefighter and all. or do you not interfere in god's business and just let'em burn to death?

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger BadGod said...

Why priests always go after little boys? I mean that is just not right!

Why do the catholic churches just shuffle these guys around?
Why wouldn't jesus just put some "holy spanking" to these guys?

If there is a god, why does the drunk driver almost always live whike the family he just ran into almost always die?
Why not keep god out of public schools? Some people don't believe in your god.

Evolution baby!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

jp - thank you for the novel of an answer..seriously you couldn't sortin it a few sentences? but i'm glad you butted in an injection your interuptation on this...

you forgot to add the use of christ imagine for educational purposes as in an easier way to convert the germanic tribes. Since they worshiped idols it made it easier for them to pray to visuable image.. and you didn't even address the 2nd commandment. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image – any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments”

Here's where you can find it if you need to look it up. (Ex. 20: 4-5)

I mean if your going misinterupt what i was asking and start talking about the image of christ at least address some major points to the issue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home