Saturday, October 29, 2005

Verse of the Day 10-29

Hello, and Good Morning to all!

Today is a great day! And what better way to start it with a refreshing dive into the Word. Before i go though...just a quick update on what i've been up to:
We had our first basketball game against the Saint Mary Alumni last night and won by 40 points! It was pretty one sided, but a good game to get our legs running.......I am taking a trip to Homework City this weekend, as i have 2 major assignments due for Monday. I hear the traffic is terrible, but ill take some pictures for ya....ha! I'll probably see some of you there! I'm also on a weekend class this weekend, but don't worry, i'll be there Sunday. Oooh also, you may not recognize me this Sunday.....my hair is a little.......different! That's all I'm going to say.

With that being said, lets take a look at the Verse of the Day

2 Corinthians 13:3-9
I will give you all the proof you want that Christ speaks through me. Christ is not weak in his dealings with you; he is a mighty power among you. Although he died on the cross in weakness, he now lives by the mighty power of God. We, too, are weak, but we live in him and have God's power--the power we use in dealing with you.
Examine yourselves to see if your faith is really genuine. Test yourselves. If you cannot tell that Jesus Christ is among you, it means you have failed the test. I hope you recognize that we have passed the test and are approved by God.
We pray to God that you will not do anything wrong. We pray this, not to show that our ministry to you has been successful, but because we want you to do right even if we ourselves seem to have failed. Our responsibility is never to oppose the truth, but to stand for the truth at all times. We are glad to be weak, if you are really strong. What we pray for is your restoration to maturity.

I chose this verse today, not so i could explain to you what is meant by it, but that you might read deeper into it and around it and find your own meaning. I will say a few obovious things though:Paul is calling out the Corinthians on their actions and convicting them to test their faith to see if it is genuine, but why is he doing this? That is what i hope you will find out. Get out your Bibles today and see why Paul was so adamant about this for the Corinthians! Find out why this was so important not only for them, but also ourselves. How can we test and examine our faith daily to see the mighty power of Christ working within us?

Let me know.....post a comment!
I love you guys, and I hope i continue to see Christ's power work through you

God Bless
Bob

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Brenton said...

Rich and famous? i'll leave that up to you....im pretty content being a bum youth pastor somewhere! Wouldn't mind a shoe contract though.

Anyway, awesome interpretation of the scripture Kat. I really think Paul was trying to "stir the pot" in Corinth and get those "Sunday Christians", (as we might call it today), really start living for Christ. Awesome post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home